All property photos
Premiere World-Class Location on Russian Hill’s Gold Coast...
Sweeping Golden Gate to Bay Bridge Views...
Gracious European Style Indoor/ Outdoor Living & Entertaining…
Nestled in one the San Francisco’s premiere world-class enclaves, Russian Hill’s Gold Coast, this stunningly designed, European-inspired residence is evocative of a Capri-like villa with its sweeping views of the Bay, terra-cotta tiled roof-top terrace and timelessly classic architecture.
Perched on the magical, lushly verdant North slope of one of the City’s most vibrant and sought-after historical neighborhoods, and floating high above the sparkling waters of the Bay, this ultra-sophisticated urban oasis is perfect for a quintessential City lifestyle in a park-like setting- and yet close to the booming technology and financial centers of Jackson Square, the Financial District and SoMa, the world-famous hotels, restaurants and nightclubs of neighboring Nob Hill, as well as the shopping and dining attractions of the North Waterfront, Upper Polk Street and San Francisco’s quaint Little Italy- living at it’s best in the unique “City-By-The-Bay”…
- Unparalleled location on Russian Hill’s “Gold Coast”, one of the City’s rare and most exclusive A+ enclaves
- Spectacular three-bridge, world-class views spanning many of San Francisco’s most iconic landmarks, from the Golden Gate Bridge to Alcataz Island and sweeping vistas of the Bay
- With great street presence and stunningly timeless interiors by some of the world’s pre-eminent designers and architects, this super-sophisticated residence is evocative of a grand Upper East Side townhouse, a chic Parisian or Italianate villa or a stately London townhome- ideal for the most discerning California, national or international home buyer or collector
- 4-story single family residence on a 3,576 square foot loot
- 6,330 square feet of living space as per appraisal
- 13 rooms including:
- 4 bedrooms plus formal dining room, breakfast room, bar,
dressing room, library, family/ entertainment pent-room w/
terrace and laundry room
- 3 full baths, 3 powder rooms
- Full-floor, 1,800 square foot+ master suite
- 2 car side-by-side garage
- Elevator to all four living levels
- 5 wood-burning fireplaces
- An artistically leaded glass front door opens into the grand-scale double entrance foyer framed by ionic pilasters and antique mirrored walls, paneled wainscoting and opens up to an architecturally elegant staircase leading to the upper levels- creating an ultra-chic and warmly inviting welcome to the residence.
- The elegantly proportioned living room enjoys Bay, Alcatraz, Golden Gate, Marin Headlands and Treasure Island views framed through large picture postcard windows. Stunning wood paneling with ionic columns flank the wood-burning marble fireplace with its surrounding built-in shelves giving the space a warm and timeless elegance. Hardwood floors with inlay and triple moldings add to the architectural grandeur while built-in speakers provide a surround-sound quality for the most intimate as well as the grandest of occasions
- An intimate bar with its gold leaf ceiling, paneled wainscoting, silk-covered walls and marble fireplace is evocative of an elegant private club and enjoys a retro-chic sunken semi-circular design with brass sink, granite counter, as well as under-the-counter icemaker and fridge. Mirrored doors to entrance foyer and glass French doors to the living room make this a natural spot for serving during a large-scale event or intimate lounging during a quiet evening.
- Shimmering with eight layers of glossy lacquer, the sensational red-lacquered dining room is graced by a beautiful fireplace and lit up by glittering 19th century French crystal chandelier and sconces with red crystal highlights. Hardwood floor with inlay, classic paneling, pilasters and triple moldings add to the incredible ambience, while the trellises and lush greenery outside the Bay windows provide lovely outlooks.
- The solarium-style breakfast room features French tile and hardwood diamond-patterned flooring, a granite bar with storage, textured sunflower-colored walls and floor-to-ceiling French doors framing luscious outlooks of the patio and garden
- With its 4 sinks and two dishwashers, the restaurant-sized, gourmet chef’s kitchen is flooded with light from a huge skylight and enjoys a large tiled island with bar-style seating, microwave, convection and warming ovens, 4 burners gas stove with grille oven and commercial style stainless hood. French tile and hardwood flooring, pantry with pull out shelving, abundant cabinetry with swing out shelving, and separate full size refrigerator and freezer add to the amenities and make this a wonderful space for cooking and casual entertaining. A large bar serving area works wonderfully for major events as well as smaller dinners for friends and family. A side entrance from Hyde Street allows for convenient deliveries into the kitchen and the property.
- A tiled powder room with patterned walls in the back hall serves the kitchen and private areas of the main level, while a fashionable guest powder room with granite floors and counter top serves the public areas.
- The elevator servicing all levels of the home discreetly exits to the back hallway which also has a large additional storage closet.
- Architecturally graceful, the main staircase goes to the upper two levels and enjoys two landings with Bay and greenery views
The Second Level
- The entire 2nd floor of the residence is a super-luxurious, spa-like master suite. An elegant landing leads into the huge, gorgeously proportioned bedroom with romantic, top-of-the-world views from the Bay to the Golden Gate Bridge and beyond framed by wrap-around banks of floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides and French doors leading to the North and West balconies. The lush silk carpeting, coved molding with 3-dimensional highlight, richly paneled walls, and a carved marble fireplace lend a beautifully serene and stylish backdrop to the sweeping vistas. A huge linen closet and marble powder room with trompe-l’oeuil painted cabinets doors and moldings are additional amenities of this area of the master wing.
- More French doors step into an exquisite warmly hued library/ den/ TV room with built-in shelving, leaded glass doors to the landing, and a wet-bar with fridge and microwave. Views of the Bay as well as the Ghirardelli Square Clock Tower and Wharf are framed by arched Palladian style-windows. Recessed art gallery style lighting and triple moldings with a faux tortoise shell cove add to the cozy warmth of the space- a perfect living, dining and lounging area for the master floor.
- The showroom-sized closet/ dressing room area features cedar-lined closet, gown, shoe, and purse closets, and a mirrored octagonal Chanel-style dressing area with boutique-like coved and recessed lighting and red beaded chandelier. A spacious walk-in closet with marble counter, mirrored backdrops and sliding shelving provides abundant additional space for the most discerning of wardrobes.
- A gentleman’s-style closet is outfitted with beautiful built-ins, as well as tie, belt and sweater shelving, along with a built-in granite dresser
- The spectacularly scaled marble master bath with heated floors is lit with a curved solarium ceiling over the vanity area and is surrounded by lovely greenery with glimpses of the Bay in the background. Its many amenities include dual vanities, walk-in shower with multiple shower heads, a step up Roman-style tub with Jacuzzi-style jets and a separate WC with toilet and bidet
- This master floor is serviced by the elevator as well its own separate furnace
- The flowing staircase continues to the top level of the residence and enjoys double landings along the way, one with verdant greenery outlooks and the 2nd with Bay and Alcatraz views
- A sensational pent-room is the crowning glory of this superb residence and features English marble wood-burning fireplace, Parquet-de-Versailles flooring. Faux-marble columns with glass all around frame the extraordinary views, with automatic blinds, a wet bar with fridge and dishwasher, and a back-lit stained-glass skylight giving a soft diffused light are additional amenities. The office alcove with shelving and marble desk has the backdrop of the one-of-a-kind views to provide inspiration.
- French doors step out to a huge terra-cotta tiled terrace with breathtaking views of the Golden Gate, Bay & Richmond Bridges as well as the ever-changing waters of the Bay framed by a diverse array of San Francisco’s most world-renowned landmarks- The Palace of Fine Arts, St. Francis Yacht Club, the Presidio Park, Fort Mason, Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman’s Wharf, Angel Island, the Riviera-esque slopes of Sausalito and the Marin Headlands, as well as the glittering lights of Treasure Island and the East Bay Hills. Covered with diamond-patterned terra-cotta tiling with inset Mediterranean-style mosaic-patterned medallions, this amazing outdoor living space is a wonderfully resort-like aerie to enjoy open-air dining, lounging, sun-bathing and entertaining with the City and the Bay as a stunningly beautiful backdrop.
- The 2nd/ Guest Bedroom is outfitted with glamorous wall-to-wall leopard carpeting, wood-burning marble fireplace, warm and cozy grass-cloth covered walls and built-ins and enjoys lovely sunset views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Pacific Ocean.
- A luxurious 2nd marble bath has heated marble floors, skylight, and a walk-in shower with bench and has beautiful outlooks to the surrounding greenery. The large walk-in closet is outfitted with trendy zebra patterned flooring, plaid wallpaper, a built-in dresser, and shelving and hanging racks.
- This level is also serviced by the elevator and radiant heating
- A playful plaid-patterned carpeted stairway off the back hallway of the main level leads to the lower level
- The bright and cheerful black-and-white laundry room features side-by-side washer/ dryer, a large sink, as well as abundant cabinet and counter space
- The 3rd/ guest bedroom as well as the 4th bedroom/ mirrored gym with peek-a-boo Bay and garden views share a crisp black and white tiled bath with glass shower. A separate side entrance make this a perfect level for long-term guests or live-in staff.
- A large storage room, appliance closet and furnace room serving the lower and main levels with additional space provide abundant additional storage for the home.
- The elevator equipment closet and lighting control room complete this level of the home
Overlooking the Francisco Reservoir, originally built in 1859. 875 Francisco will soon have views of the extraordinary new 4.5 acres “Francisco Park” being constructed and planted there. This will be one of San Francisco most stunning parks with expansive, commanding Bay views. The property’s natural features, views, sunlight, separation from traffic and historic significance make it ideal open space. For a fascinating history of the reservoir and more information on this exciting new neighborhood development, please go to https://franciscopark.org/